02 – Prayer – Perseverance
Two Frogs, March 23, 2021
Study Notes Link (scroll to study)
My Notes (this page)
Perseverance in prayer.
- Perseverance – Merriam-Webster online
- Continued effort to do or achieve something despite difficulties, failure, or opposition
- Patience and Persistence are often needed
- Patience: dictionary – Google online
- The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset
- Persistence: dictionary – Google online
- Firm or obstinate continuance in a course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
Some possible reasons for the need for perseverance.
- God may have a fullness of time He has chosen for the answer
- A kyros, or right time, that hasn’t yet arrived
- Our development
- He may be using the delay to work in us
- Or other people’s actions or choices (when praying for them)
- God has to work through that
Perseverance and endurance rank near the top of spiritual traits.
- Long-suffering or fortitude – hang in there
- Tenacity: dictionary – Google online
- The quality or fact of being able to grip something firmly; grip
- The quality or fact of being very determined; determination
- The quality or fact of continuing to exist; persistence
Stamina from a bigger prayer heart may be what’s needed.
- Do not quit
Tenacious endurance is often the key to victory in prayer.